Monday, February 28, 2022

blast from the past volume 2: Mumfords Sons (MANDALA EFFECT)

This is totally messing with my head. 

In the early 2010s (not 90s - not Blues Traveller), there was this phenomenon, I swear, of people that would play bluegrass style indie rock with crazy gang vocals. It felt real... familiar... American.


But no one I talk to seems to have any memory of this band! I think they were called Mumford's Son. They had some swagger, but they weren't like Blues Traveller, this band could write a song. I think they later would work with the Late Avicci? 


I tried asking at my local record store about this band and no one would tell me anything. I bet they get lots of guys asking about fake bands trying to fuck with the experts heads


Their big song was called "Lion King" and the lead singer (I think his name was Travis) voice would kind of quiver but he would say f*ck. It was big on pop radio, I swear to god

I tried googling it but I kept getting results for Blues Traveller

Blues Traveller arent even folk or old time

Please help?

No comments:

Post a Comment