Saturday, March 30, 2024

magician

 Magician


To be a magician would

Be great

I’d like to be a real one.


I would never have to worry

  About anything,

Because any time I needed to impress someone

I would just use my powers and

They would be amazed.


No matter what,

  My spells would always be there

For me.

But,

   If I was cursed and I watched my powers

Slowly

    Fade

Out

 That would be the worst way 

To die.


If I couldn’t just pull something out

  Of the back of my pocket anymore to

   Impress someone.


And the more I search for the rabbit

In my hat, 

The further it falls

And If I look down the 

Hole,

I just see darkness,


I scream

Into my hat., but

No one can

Hear me inside of my

           Uniform.

So,


I adopt the cloth of a wizard,

A close cousin of mine,

  But it doesn’t fit right,


I tug at the sleeves and 

  Sag the pants. 

Still,

Nothing comes.


So I throw it all away,

  And

 I accept the life of a mortal.

But, I hold onto the 

Tiniest spark at all times as

A reminder of what I 

Thought I could

Be. 


But it just makes everything

Worse.

I remember when it was

  So easy,

And 

I would just do tricks for them and

They’d do it right back at

 Me.


And maybe I’ll go digging for that old hat

Of mine. 


   It was never supposed to be easy.

But,

IF YOU TRY TO HARD,

The magic has a way,

  OF , 

        Hiding. So

You just sit there

And wait


For 

It. 



You try 

So 

Hard,

   Not to care,

And you are 

Lost. 

So you give up again

 And decide to be a cowboy.


Being a cowboy ain’t so 

Bad, 

It’s not about tricks,

  It’s about, 

 Being bold.


And that’s always come easy

For you.


And maybe one day you’ll combine them.


No one will know why

  You always win

But you got a magic gun 

Kid,

  Never forget it,


And you may not always 

 See it., but,

  Why do you need to keep

Seeing it

 When it’s revealed itself

Time and again. 

And when will you start

To Believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment